Today, I am sharing a Mother’s Day card made for my mother-in-law. I was playing with my sprays and decided to create a shimmery background.
1. Make dark brown top-fold card. Cut slightly smaller white cardstock mat; distress edges with distressing tool. Set pieces aside
2. Working on non-stick craft sheet, spray second sheet of white cardstock using yellow, green, and blue shimmery sprays. Let dry completely.
4. Follow diagram above to stamp Coffee butterflies randomly over background paper. Color images with STAEDTLER watercolor pencils. Start with one color and then apply second color. Blend with water brush; let dry. Highlight images with white gel pen; let dry.
5. Add shading around butterflies with brown or gray tones. Soften with water brush.
6. Sprinkle white spray across surface to add white spots; let dry.
7. Sprinkle Goosebumps spray across surface to add look of water drops; let dry.
8. Trim panel to fit card, slightly smaller than white mat. Distress edges and sponge with Toffee ink. Adhere panel and mat to card front.
9. Stamp sentiment near one edge of remaining misted background sheet using Coffee ink. Trim sentiment into small tag; distress edges and sponge with Toffee ink. Mat tag on dark brown cardstock. Punch hole in left end of tag; thread with brown twine.
10. Tie seam binding into loopy bow. Adhere bow and flowers to card. Tie tag to ribbon; adhere to card.
- STAEDTLER Watercolor Pencils
- Stamps: Hero Arts Papillons, Old French Writing; Stampendous! Happy Mother’s Day
- Petaloo Premier Spring Darjeeling Collection Seaside Mini Daisies w/Leaves
- Tattered Angels Chalkboard Spray: Teal High Heel, Sprout, Decadence
- Heidi Swapp Dijon Color Shine Spray
- Studio Calico Mister Huey Opaque White Color Mist
- Tsukineko Goosebumps Clear Texture Spray
- Ranger Ink Pads: Archival Coffee, VersaFine Toffee
- Paper distressing tool
- Water brush
- Ranger Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool and Foam
- Small hole punch
- Brown twine
Suzanne Czosek from Suzz’s Stamping Spot (www.suzzstampingspot.blogspot.com)