Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create a very personal Valentine for your other half with this subway art-inspired card. Look for two more cards using Scrapbooking Attitude Inkjet Film in this week’s Crafts ‘n things Weekly on Feb. 6th.
- White textured dot cardstock
- Avatrex Scrapbooking Attitude Inkjet Film, 8-1/2”x11”, one sheet
- Computer and inkjet printer
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 12” Rotary Paper Trimmer, Metal Ruler
- Elmer’s CraftBond All Purpose Glue Stick
fine-tip black marker
With textured side out, make 5-1/2”x8-1/2” white side-fold card.
Use computer to format desired word art, using photo as guide. Use assorted fonts and sizes. Select most important words and change font color to red; add heart dingbats, if desired.
Read Scrapbooking Attitude package instructions. Print mirror image of words onto glossy side of Attitude sheet. Wait to remove backing paper.
Apply even layer of glue stick to card front. Peel backing from Attitude sheet. With an assistant, hold printed (glossy) side of film 1” above card and visually center image. With assistant’s end still held up, place your end down onto paper, lightly pressing onto glue. Smooth image, working toward assistant’s end.
Gently smooth to eliminate any air bubbles. If bubbles appear, insert straight pin into them and smooth to flatten. Let dry completely.
Using rotary trimmer, cut film even with card front.
- Use this idea to create memorable anniversary cards, graduation announcements, and milestone birthday cards.
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.