Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Get organized! Craft this elegant Desktop Box Organizer as a stylish way to keep your desk neat and clutter-free.
- Wooden box, 5”x6”
- Wooden oval plaque, 3”x4”
- Grosgrain ribbon: lavender, 3/8”; white, 7/8”
- Coordinating lavender and white patterned papers, two
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Lavender, Magnolia White, Purple
- Delta Stencil Magic Floral Border Stencil
- Delta Blendable Stencil Paint Créme Floral Collection: Amethyst Purple, Dark Hunter Green, Jungle Green, Pink Carnation, Sunflower Yellow
- Delta Adhesives: Sobo Craft & Fabric Glue, Stencil Adhesive
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Stencil brush
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, masking tape, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
On covered work surface, basecoat box and plaque Lavender; let dry and apply second coat. Paint plaque trim Purple.
Cut two 4”x5” rectangles and two 1-1/4”x6” strips from each patterned paper; trim bottom edge of strips with decorative scissors. Using photo as guide, adhere rectangles to center of each side of box; trim strips along top edge of each rectangle.
Cut 10” length from each ribbon; trim ends in “V”. Adhere lavender to center of white ribbon. Adhere vertically down center of box front, wrapping around to box inside.
Tape off desired section of stencil; apply Stencil Adhesive and press stencil onto plaque. For leaves and stems, start with Jungle Green and slowly blend in Dark Hunter Green. For flowers, paint center Sunflower Yellow. Start petal Carnation Pink and slowly blend in Amethyst Purple. Let dry; adhere plaque centered over ribbon on box front.
- Use this box as a planter, or fill it with rolled towels and soaps for a bathroom organizer.
by Meggan Maravich