Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Recreate the feel of a walk through winter woods with this sparkling, embossed card.
- Cardstock: white, kraft
- Studio Calico Wood Veneer Bird
- Red/white baker’s twine
- Provo Craft Cuttlebug Die-Cutting System and Distress Stripes A2 Embossing Folder
- “Season’s Greetings” sentiment stamp
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- Imagination International COPIC Markers: Black, Red, Orange
- Stampin’ Up! Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam dots, clear dots, Sakura of America Glue Pen
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil, wire cutters, scrap paper
Cardinal Greetings Card
1. Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” kraft side-fold card.
2. Cut slightly smaller white cardstock panel; emboss panel with Distress Stripes texture.
3. Stamp sentiment as shown.
4. Using photo as guide, highlight embossed “branches,” a few at a time, with glue pen; sprinkle with glitter. Tap off excess glitter onto scrap paper and return to container.
5. Continue applying glue and glitter until background panel is complete.
6. Using wire cutters, snip legs from wooden bird. Color and shade bird with markers. Adhere to background panel with clear dots.
7. Wrap twine several times around base of panel, tying bow at right side. Adhere panel to card with foam dots.
- Flip embossed panel horizontally to create snowy ground effect.
by Cary Eldred