Roasting marshmallows, singing campfire songs, and snuggling in sleeping bags under a star-filled sky! Who could resist a night braving the wilderness? Cross-stitch this design for your favorite camper!
DMC 14-count Navy Blue Aida, 18” square
DMC Six-Strand Embroidery Floss
Backstitch: 2 strands
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Size / Stitch Count
Approximate finished size: 9-1/2″x7-3⁄4”; Stitch count: 135 w x 110 H
1. Print cross-stitch chartand key. (Note: The blue word “pattern” is a link. To access this pattern, select the link, then download and print pattern.)
2. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric using two strands floss.
3. Backstitch lady bug, heart, and faces on bunny and children using two strands 3371 Black Brown. Backstitch remaining design where indicated using two strands 801 Coffee Brown, Dk.
Stitch this quote as a gentle reminder to enjoy today and not stress out about tomorrow.
JAR Designs Spring Leaf 28-count Jobelan, 17”x12” (available at X’s & Oh’s Designs)
DMC Six-strand Embroidery Floss
Green fabric, 1/2 yd.
Green ribbon, 5/8” wide, 24” length
Sewing machine and matching thread
Backstitch: 1 strand
Cross-stitch: 3 strands
Size / Stitch Count
Approximate Finished Size: 10-5/8″x5-3/4″; Stitch Count: 150 w x 82 h
1. Print cross-stitch chart and key. (Note: The blue words “chart” and “key” are links. To access these, select the link, then download and print items.) Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads. Trim stitched fabric 1-1/2” from stitching.
2. Cut two strips of green fabric 8-3/4”x2-1/2”. Sew one strip to each side of stitched fabric using 1/4” seam allowance. Cut two strips 17-1/4”x2-1/2”. Sew one strip to top and bottom of stitched fabric. Press seams toward green fabric.
3. Cut batting 17”x12-1/4”. Cut green backing fabric same dimensions as sewn top. Cut four 6” lengths of green ribbon and fold in half. Layer batting on back of top (cross-stitched) fabric. Pin ribbon to right-side of top fabric with fold toward center and backing fabric with right-side facing top fabric. Sew around all edges, leaving a 3” opening at bottom. Clip corners and turn right-side out; press. Hang from dowel.
This design would be very easy to convert to any favorite over-dyed fabric and easy to select a complementary color that stands out well against fabric. Remember to make backstitching 2 shades darker than letters.