Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Mix and match new Spellbinders Imperial Gold die templates to create intricate layered elements and elegant letterpress effects.
- Cardstock: smooth white; Bazzill Basics Paper Prismatics Frosted Yellow, Cantaloupe, Whirlpool
- Papers: light blue, leaf green, My Mind’s Eye Collectable Collection Notable Love This Devoted
- Creative Impressions White Mini Brads
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Junior Magnetic Placement Mat
- Spellbinders Imperial Gold Dies: Gold Elements One S5-183, Gold Circles One S4-390
- Spellbinders Majestic Elements Dies: Adorning Squares S4-389, Marvelous Squares S4-383
- Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Grand Squares Dies LF-126
- JustRite Papercraft For All You Do Vintage Labels Three Clear Stamps
- Tsukineko Ink Pads: Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue, VersaMark Watermark
- White embossing powder
- Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Runner; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L White 3D Foam Squares: 1/4”, 1/2”; liquid glue
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool, paper piercer and mat
Magnificent Square Card
1. Make 5-3/4”x5-3/4” white top-fold card. Cut 5-3/4” square from light blue paper; adhere to card front.
2. Cut or die cut following paper squares: 4-3/4” Cantaloupe, 4-7/8” leaf green, Grand Squares #3 die template from white cardstock, 5-1/4” Whirlpool. Layer and adhere squares to card front.
3. Position Adorning Squares #7 die template in center of Grand Squares #2 die template on Junior Magnetic Placement Mat. Die cut/emboss shape from white cardstock; adhere to center of card.
4. Die cut/emboss Grand Squares #1 from Love This paper (green side). Adhere to center of white die-cut square.
5. Position Marvelous Squares #3 and Gold Circles One #6 in center of Adorning Squares #7 on placement mat. Die cut/emboss shape from Frosted Yellow cardstock.
6. Using VersaMark ink, stamp yellow die cut with frame and corner design as shown. Heat emboss design with white embossing powder. Pierce holes in four opposite sides and insert white brads as shown. Trim brad ends with scissors if needed. Adhere element to center of card.
7. Die cut/emboss Adorning Squares #4 from white cardstock. Adhere to card in center of yellow die cut.
8. Die cut/emboss four Gold Elements One Corner Border shapes from Cantaloupe cardstock.
9. Lightly apply Sky Blue ink to raised pattern of Gold Elements One Corner Insert template. Carefully position inked template in center of Gold Elements One Corner Border template on placement mat. Die cut/emboss corner element from light blue paper. Repeat three times to create four corner elements.
10. Layer and adhere light blue and Cantaloupe corners as shown and adhere to card with foam squares.
11. Lightly apply Sky Blue ink to raised pattern of Gold Elements One Accent LG Insert template. Carefully position inked template in center of Gold Elements One Accent LG Border template on placement mat. Die cut/emboss shape from light blue paper.
12. Die cut/emboss Gold Elements One Border Accent LG from Cantaloupe cardstock; cut element in half. With outer edge of each Cantaloupe die-cut half showing, adhere pieces to back of light blue element.
13. Pierce hole in center of layered element and insert white brad. Adhere element to card with foam squares.
- Tap lightly when applying ink to raised pattern of die templates. If too much pressure is applied, ink will seep into deeper patterned areas of die.
by Judy Hayes for Spellbinders Paper Arts (http://www.spellbinderscreativearts.com)