Welcome to the Crafts ‘n things Blog! Today it is my pleasure to introduce you to Inspired by Stamping! I have been on the Inspired by Stamping design team since February 2013. This small “home grown” stamp company is based out of Brisbane, Australia. I have been enjoying working with their stamps and dies and wanted to share more about them with all of you.
Joanna Munster is the owner/designer/illustrator of Inspired by Stamping. Here is what she had to say about her company.
I started crafting 11 years ago when I started capturing my daughter’s special moments with scrapbooking. I quickly fell in love with all things crafty including cross-stitch, crocheting, knitting, drawing, and jewelry-making. However my love has always been towards the paper crafty industry. It is a place where I can lose myself in creating for hours.
Two and half years ago, my husband, myself, and our three children moved from the United States to Australia. While waiting for my working visa, I started drawing and paper crafting full-time with my blog. One of my dear friends suggested that I make a stamp set with one of my drawings and this is where Inspired by Stamping started. I love every moment of working in this industry, from the beautiful women and men that I meet daily, to the amazing designs that I see created with an Inspired by Stamping set. On October 15th, 2012, we celebrated our first year of Inspired by Stamping, and it is exciting to say that we are growing and expanding!
Inspired by Stamping has so graciously provided two $25 gift cards to two of our Crafts ‘n things readers! Leave a comment at the end of this post and two winners will be announced here on April 22nd!
I want to share some of the beautiful Inspired by Stamping stamps and dies with you.
I love flowers, and this beautiful rose from the “Flowers Bloom” set is stunning.
I stamped the image and colored it with alcohol markers, then trimmed it out with circle die cuts. I added a sentiment from the “Beautiful Iris” set.
The flower image from the “Beautiful Iris” set is also very pretty. I again stamped it and colored it with alcohol markers.
I die cut part of the image with a circle die template, however, I also used micro-tip scissors to “fussy cut” part of the flower. This is a fun technique for showcasing images.
For this card I used images from the NEW April Release. The “Creative Tags” set was just released yesterday and goes on sale at the Inspired by Stamping store April 10th!
Inspired by Stamping also makes die templates to match some of their stamp sets. I stamped an image from the “Flowers Bloom Set” and colored it with alcohol markers.
I then die cut the image with the matching “Fancy Label Dies 1″ template.
- Stamps: Inspired by Stamping Flowers Bloom, Beautiful Iris, Creative Tags, Spring Blossoms
- Ribbon: Inspired by Stamping Colonial Rose Satin; Really Reasonable Ribbon purple lace, red satin, purple sheer
- Die cuts: Inspired by Stamping Fancy Labels 1; Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Small and Large, Nestabilities Big Scalloped Circles Large, Shapeabilities Foliage Two; My Favorite Things Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Flag Layers
- Embossing Folder: Couture Creations Bouquet
- Cardstock: WorldWin Colormates Heritage White, Deep Lovely Lilac, Medium Lovely Lilac; American Crafts Black, Spinach; .Too Marker Corp. Copic Xpress It Blending Card White
- Designer paper: My Mind’s Eye Cowboy; Echo Park Paper Co. So Noted, For the Record 2 Tailored, Yours Truly; My Mind’s Eye Six by Six Quilting Bee; Graphic 45 Secret Garden, French Country
- Button: Buttons Galore and More
- Pearls: Want2Scrap
- Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
- Twine: scrapbook store
- Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk; Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint; Stampin’ Up! Whisper White
- Embossing powder: Hampton Art
- Markers: .Too Marker Corp. Copic
- Adhesive: 3M Scotch Brand Tape Runner; Beacon Adhesives Fabri-tac; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares
Thanks for joining us today and make sure to leave a comment for your chance to win one of the Inspired by Stamping $25 gift cards by April 21st! The winner will be announced on April 22, 2013.
Gloria Stengel, Scraps of Life (www.gloriascraps.blogspot.com)