Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Whether you have your own backyard oasis, or you’re hosting the fun at the local aquatic center, start planning your “cool in the pool” event with this colorful invitation and favor set.
- Close To My Heart White Daisy Cardstock
- Close To My Heart Surf’s Up Paper Packet
- Close To My Heart Color-Ready Trinkets Wooden Shapes
- Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles
- Close To My Heart My Creations Muslin Drawstring Bags (3-count)
- Close To My Heart Trims: Burlap Ribbon, Natural Hemp, Paradise and Neutral Baker’s Twine Assortments
- Provo Craft Cricut Expression Electronic Cutting System and Close To My Heart Artiste Cartridge
- Close To My Heart My Acrylix Stamp Sets: Adventure USA, Just Chillin’
- Close To My Heart My Acrylix Blocks: 1”x1”, 2”x2”, 2”x3-1/2”, 3”x3”, 4”x5”
- Close To My Heart Exclusive Inks: Desert Sand, Ponderosa Pine, Sorbet Pads; Sorbet Re-inker
- Close To My Heart Spray Pen
- Sewing needle and beige thread
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots, liquid glue
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
invitation, 3-7/8”x5”; favor bag, 4”x6”
(Note: All Artiste shapes are cut NS or non-shift.)
1. Following manufacturer’s instructions, use Cricut machine and Artiste cartridge to cut 5” < t > + card (non-shift) twice from White Daisy cardstock. Cut second card in half; set aside one half for second invitation. Score and fold remaining card in half.
2. Mix small amount Sorbet re-inker with water in Spray Pen. Lightly mist cut cardstock panel; let dry.
3. Cut 1-1/2” < p > < o > < l > (non-shift) from gold B&T Duos paper. Cut 1-1/2” < o > from Surf’s Up Teal cardstock. These are background letters.
4. Cut 1-1/2” < p > from Sorbet cardstock. Cut 1-1/2” < o > < o > < l > from three different B&T Duos papers as shown. These are foreground letters.
5. Cut 1” < p > < a > < r > < t > < y > from Surf’s Up Teal cardstock. Remove letters and trim “negative space” into 3-7/8”x1-1/8” strip.
6. Use dauber to sponge all POOL letter edges and “party” strip edges Desert Sand.
7. Adhere background and foreground letters to misted panel as shown, offsetting letters slightly. Adhere “party” strip to misted panel 1/2″ from bottom edge.
8. Using beige thread, take two stitches at base of P and top of L to add interest; knot thread at back. Sew running stitch border along base of “party” strip; knot thread at back.
9. Sponge edges of two wooden birds with Desert Sand ink; let dry. Adhere to “O” using tiny amount liquid glue; let dry.
10. Cut 3-7/8”x3/8” Sorbet cardstock strip. Stamp series of Ponderosa Pine arrows as shown. Sponge strip edges Desert Sand. Adhere to misted panel over bottom edge of “party” strip; do not cover stitched border.
11. Adhere finished panel to card front.
1. Using Sorbet ink pad, stamp Just Chillin’ sentiment onto bag, 1” from bottom edge. Stamp Ponderosa Pine tree image to left of sentiment. Let dry. Accent center of each treetop with Bitty Sparkles.
2. Cut 4-1/4”x3/4” strip from burlap ribbon. Using needle, weave six assorted baker’s twine lengths through ribbon as shown. Top row is White Daisy from Neutral Assortment; second and third row are Crème Brulee from Paradise Assortment, followed by one Sunset row, and two Lagoon rows. Trim twine ends. Adhere ribbon to base of bag using clear dots.
3. Fill bag and pull drawstrings closed.
4. Tie doubled twine around ribbon knot on each drawstring end; trim as needed.
- Electronic cutting systems, like the Provo Craft Cricut, make it easy to create invitations. Set up machine to cut all required shapes, like the letters, at once, and then put invitations together assembly-line style.
by Close To My Heart (www.closetomyheart.com)