Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Reminiscent of Christmas past, this old-fashioned holiday greeting card is the perfect way to send Christmas wishes to family and friends. It’s easy to create with Ecstasy Crafts products.
- Ecstasy Crafts Cardstock: Ivory (K290022), Denim (K290021), Moss Green (K290060), Dark Green (K290024), Beige (K290066)
- Ecstasy Crafts Marianne Design Pretty Paper Bloc Vintage Christmas (PK9097)
- Ecstasy Crafts Marianne Design Vintage Christmas Prints Cards 1 (VK9531)
- Ecstasy Crafts Marianne Design Bunch of Flowers Dark Red Christmas Roses (RB2221)
- Dark blue twine
- Ecstasy Crafts Nellie’s Press Boss Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine (NPB001) or any compatible die-cutting system
- Ecstasy Crafts Dies: Marianne Design Craftable Sled (CR1257); Dee’s Distinctively Dies Large Snow Covered Tree (IME027) and Christmas Stacker Tree (IME025); Decorative Rectangles Multi Frame Die (MFD048)
- Adhesives: Ecstasy Crafts Joy! Crafts Large Foam Pads (65000003), double-sided tape
paper trimmer, scoring tool, ruler
Winter Sleigh Ride Card
1. Make 7”x5” Ivory top-fold card.
2. Cut 6-3/4”x4-3/4” panel from Vintage Christmas paper; adhere to card front using double-sided tape.
3. To make frame, die cut one Decorative Rectangle Frame from Denim cardstock and one Straight Rectangle Frame from Moss Green cardstock. Layer and adhere frames to card as shown using double-sided tape.
4. Cut out Vintage Christmas Prints card image; adhere to frame.
5. Adhere frame slightly angled to top right of card front.
6. To make sled, die cut two Sleds from Beige cardstock. Using foam pads, layer die cuts together. Tie length of twine to sled as shown for pulling rope; adhere to card below frame.
7. To make tree, die cut Large Snow Covered Tree tree boughs from Dark Green cardstock. Die cut largest Christmas Stacker Tree triangle from Dark Green cardstock.
8. Adhere triangle to left side of card front. Layering from largest on bottom to smallest on top, adhere Christmas tree boughs to triangle shape using foam pads.
9. Fold two stamens in half and insert through center hole of two red flowers, and then through two colored leaves. Tape ends of stamens to back of rose. Using double-sided tape, adhere rose to card as shown.
- Use the tree and sled die cuts on their own to create darling package tags. Embellish tags with Decorative Rectangle Frames.
by Marilynne Oskamp for Ecstasy Crafts Inc. (www.ecstasycrafts.com)