Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Use a metal chalkboard and Hampton Art stamps to create your family’s own spook-tacular Halloween greeting.
- Kraft Klub, Inc. Flat Black Horizontal Metal Chalkboard (KK8761-B), 12-3/4”x10-1/2”
- Kraft Klub, Inc. Black Button Magnets: 1/2″ diameter, 24; 3/4” diameter, nine
- Hampton Art Jillibean Soup Papers: Grandma’s Lima Bean Soup Collection Paper Pad, 6”x6”; Soup Staples II Collection Orange Salt, 12”x12”
- Hampton Art Outlines Rubber Stamp Co. Halloween Cling Stamps: Happy Owloween (SC0496), Halloween Boo (SC0497)
- Hampton Art Clear Acrylic Block, 4-3/4”x7”
- Hampton Art Black Pigment Ink Pad
- Elmer’s X-ACTO 5″ Precision Tip Scissors
- Elmer’s CraftBond Quick Dry Glue
paper towels, water, white chalk
Spook-tacular Magnetic Chalkboard
1. One at a time, attach stamps to acrylic block and use black ink to stamp approximately 20 characters, words, and phrases onto various papers. Leave at least 1/2″ space between images. Let stamped images dry.
2. Use 5″ Precision Tip Scissors to separate shapes, and then cut around each shape, 1/8″ from edge. For words, follow each letter shape and go from letter to letter, and from word to word.
3. Depending on size of stamped paper shape, choose larger or smaller magnet; if needed, use two smaller magnets. Attach magnets to backs of paper shapes using Quick Dry Glue.
4. Very lightly print greeting on chalkboard. If you make a mistake, simply erase with damp paper towel and let dry. When pleased with look of phrase, firmly trace lines with chalk using a wiggly, spooky stroke. Arrange magnetic shapes all around border.
- When the seasons change, write another greeting and stamp new holiday images to turn into magnets.
for Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.