Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create the perfect packaging for small gifts this holiday season!
- My Favorite Things Cardstock: Primitive Cream, Kraft, Jellybean Green
- My Favorite Things Wild Cherry Button
- My Favorite Things Hemp Cord
- Die-cutting machine and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Square Pillow Box, Notched Tag, Jumbo Christmas Stocking
- My Favorite Things Stamps: Stitched Stockings, Sheet Music Background
- My Favorite Things Clearsnap ColorBox Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink Pad
- Adhesives: hot glue gun, red-line tape
1. Die cut one Square Pillow Box from Primitive Cream cardstock, two leaves from Jumbo Christmas Stocking die from Jellybean Green cardstock, and one Notched Tag from Kraft cardstock.
2. Using Sheet Music Background stamp, stamp die-cut pillow box using Black Licorice ink.
3. Pre-fold along scored lines; add red-line tape to outer flap as shown.
4. Remove red-line tape liner and adhere sides together to form the box. Fold in top and bottom flaps.
5. Stamp “from: Santa” in Black Licorice ink onto tag. Create bow with hemp cord. Thread Wild Cherry button with hemp cord, securing ends at back. Using a hot glue gun, attach leaves, tag, bow, and button to the box.
- Create a set of 24 pillow boxes to use for a unique Advent Calendar countdown idea this Christmas.
by Jodi Collins for My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com)