Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Won’t the chef for Thanksgiving Day dinner absolutely love this apron? Kids and adults can make these together, using their own hand prints as patterns!
- Canvas aprons: adult-size tan, child-size orange
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Adobe Red, Cinnamon, Spice Brown, White, Terra Cotta, Raw Sienna, Espresso, Barn Red;
- Delta Ceramcoat Textile Medium
- Embellishment ideas: assorted sequins, bugle beads, seed beads, rick rack trim, ribbon, glitter
- Sewing needle and black thread
scissors, black marker, tracing paper, white copy paper, paintbrush and sponge scrap
Trace hand print, with fingers together and thumb extended, onto white paper. Outline each hand print with black marker. Trace hand prints onto tracing paper and transfer onto aprons.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions to mix textile medium with paint. Sponge paint turkeys and small rectangles (legs) Spice Brown. Let dry
Print and cut out pattern. Transfer details onto turkeys
Paint heads with mixture of Adobe Red + Cinnamon (4:1). Paint feet and beaks Terra Cotta.
Paint feathers White, Black, Terra Cotta and Adobe Red + Cinnamon (4:1) mixture. See photo for guide. Lightly highlight feathers Barn Red.
Paint wings White, Raw Sienna, Espresso and mixture of Adobe Red + Cinnamon (4:1). Highlight wings Barn Red. Paint wattle Barn Red. Let dry. Outline feathers and details with marker.
Sew beads onto heads for eyes or dot eyes with marker.
Attach sequins, beads, or trims as desired.
by Meggan Maravich