Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create a darling Christmas planner using cardstock, stamps, and My Favorite Things Die-namics. Two inner pockets are the perfect place to tuck receipts, plan purchases, and get prepared for the busy shopping season.
- Notebook, 4”x5-3/4”
- My Favorite Things Cardstock: Primitive White, Jellybean Green, Red Hot, Steel Blue, Sweet Tooth, Kraft
- My Favorite Things Kraft Envelopes, 4-3/8”x5-3/4”, two
- My Favorite Things Hemp Cord
- My Favorite Things Sweet Tooth Button
- White brads, medium, four
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System
- My Favorite Things Stamps: Laina Lamb Design Journal It – Top Ten, Document It – December; Lisa Johnson Design Textile Backgrounds, Hearts and Stitches; BG Sheet Music Background
- My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Poinsettia; Laina Lamb Design Insert It – 3”x4” Insert, Accent It – Flags and Tags
- My Favorite Things Clearsnap ColorBox Premium Dye Ink Pads: Jellybean Green, Hot Fudge, Black Licorice, Paver Red, Kraft
- Circle punch, 3/4”
- Scor-Pal Scoring Board
- Adhesives: Scor-Pal Scor-Tape, paper adhesive
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler
Cut two 10-1/4”x6-1/8 Primitive White cardstock panels. Score both panels at 4-3/4” and 5-1/2” from left edge.
Using Scor-Tape, adhere panels together to make 20-1/2”x6-1/8” planner base. Remove front page of notebook. Cover top edge of pad with small piece of Jellybean Green cardstock. Wrap hemp cord length across top of notepad; adhere on back. Adhere notebook to center of planner base using Scor-Tape.
With flap closest to outer edge, adhere one Kraft envelope to each side of notebook as shown.
Cut two 5-3/4”x1-1/2” strips from Red Hot cardstock and two 5-3/4”x1-1/4”strips from Primitive White cardstock. Using Jellybean Green ink, stamp LJD Textile checked background onto Primitive White strips; mat to Red Hot cardstock. Adhere panels onto envelopes on side opposite of flap. Stamp LJD Hearts and Stitches using Hot Fudge Ink onto envelope flaps.
Punch four 3/4” circles from Jellybean Green cardstock; adhere circles onto envelopes as shown. Insert brad through center of each circle. To create closure, wrap hemp cord around brads and secure with bow.
Stamp Black Licorice “Christmas” sentiment onto center bottom edge of notebook.
Die cut Red Hot banner and Primitive White circle using Accent It – Flags and Tags Die-namics. Stamp Journal It – Top Ten “My Favorite Things” onto Primitive White die cut; let dry. Assemble and adhere die cuts to top right of notebook.
Die cut seven Insert It – 3”x4” from Sweet Tooth Cardstock. Stamp Black Licorice Journal It – Top Ten onto each die cut. Stamp titles using Document It – December with MFT Red Hot and Jellybean Green Ink. Cut 3-1/6”x4-1/16” Red Hot and Jellybean Green cardstock panels; mat to journal die cuts. Tuck into envelopes for later use.
Cut following cardstock panels: 4-1/2”x5-3/4” from Steel Blue, 4-1/4”x5-1/2” from Red Hot, 4”x5-1/4” from Kraft. Stamp Sheet Music Background using Kraft Ink onto Kraft Cardstock. Mat together and adhere to front cover.
Die cut Insert It – 3”x4” Insert from Sweet Tooth cardstock and stamp Journal It – Top Ten using Black Licorice Ink. Stamp Jellybean Green “Christmas” title on die cut. Cut 3-1/6”x4-1/16” Jellybean Green panel and mat to insert die cut; mat to sheet music panel on front cover.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions to die cut and assemble Poinsettia Die-namics flower from Red Hot cardstock and leaves from Jellybean Green cardstock. Die cut banner using Accent It – Flags and Tags Die-namics; stamp “Making A List” sentiment using Black Licorice Ink.
Adhere assembled flower on cover. Embellish flower with button tied with hemp cord bow. Tuck and adhere banner under button.
- To view a video on My Favorite Things Die-namics Poinsettia Dies, click here.
by Inge Groot for My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com)