Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Express the sentiment of the holiday when you add an extra-special touch to your Thanksgiving table with this beautiful cross-stitch breadcover. The simplicity of the design makes it easy to stitch in one or two evenings.
- Charles Craft Country Oatmeal 14-count Breadcover, 18” square
- DMC Six-Strand Embroidery Floss
- Tapestry needle, #24
scissors, iron and pressing surface, contrasting thread
Size / Stitch Count
Size of finished design: 1-1⁄4”x5-3⁄8”x5-3⁄8”; stitch count: 75 w x 75 h
We Give Thanks Breadcover
2. Design will be stitched in one corner. Leaving seven rows along outer edge unworked, mark center of one corner with contrasting thread.
3. Following chart, cross-stitch with two strands of floss. Backstitch using two strands DMC 703 Chartreuse.
4. Press cloth on wrong side.
by Alida Macor