Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Send handmade winter greetings that sparkle with Grafix Funky Film. Best of all, you won’t need any adhesives! Make traditional, trendy, or modern style cards with this easy-to-use film.
- Grafix Funky Films, assorted colors
- Cardstock: blue, gold, black
- Sentiment stamps of choice
- Circle punch, 1/2”
- Black ink pad
- Fine-tip black permanent marker
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler
1. Make blue 5”x5” square top-fold card.
2. Punch two circles from Silver Sequins Funky Film to make snowman. Peel off paper backing; adhere snowman to card front center.
3. Cut 2-1/2”x5-1/2” strip of Mini Silver Stars Funky Film. Cut waves on one long side to create snowdrift. Remove backing and adhere to bottom of card; trim edges.
4. Cut two small rectangles from Cherry Red Funky Film. Cut slits into one short side to create fringe. Adhere to snowman as shown to make scarf. Cut carrot-shaped nose from Orange Sparkle Funky Film. Adhere to card front. Add buttons and eyes with black permanent marker.
5. Stamp or write sentiment in upper corner. Hand-draw simple snowflakes with black marker.
1. Make gold 5-1/2”x4-1/4” top-fold card.
2. Using marker, draw line from one side of card to the other, curving downward. Draw second line across card, crossing the first line and curving upward. Stay within top third of card front
3. Using punch, create 9-10 circles from various Funky Film sheets. Remove backing and adhere circles to card front, evenly spacing below drawn lines.
4. Draw small black rectangle atop each circle to create ornament top.
5. Stamp or write sentiment in lower right corner.
1. Make black 4-1/2”x6” side-fold card.
2. Cut six triangles, two each from Silver Brush, Gold Brush, and Copper Brush Funky Film. Make first pair of triangles 1” tall, second pair 1-1/2” tall, and third pair 2” tall.
3. Stagger triangles on card front to form tree shape as shown. Leave space in center between triangle stacks to mimic tree trunk. Make right stack slightly lower than left, leaving 1/4” gap between triangles in stack.
- Trace around dime and cut out the circles if you don’t have a 1/2” punch.
- To make perfect triangles, cut Funky Film into squares, then cut squares in half diagonally, corner-to-corner.
- Visit Grafix’s YouTube channel for a video demonstration of this project.
by Maureen Wilson for Grafix (www.grafixarts.com)