Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
This reversible ribbed pattern by Kollabora, created with front and back post crochet stitches, makes a stretchy cowl and is a fun, one-skein project. The cowl is worked as one rectangle, crocheted on the long edge, and then twisted once to create a Mobius effect before joining the short edges.
- Kollabora Glam Rocker Chunky Hunk Yarn, 1 skein
- Crochet hook, size N (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Yarn needle
BPdc = back-post double crochet (see Special Sts)
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
ea = each
FPdc = front-post double crochet (see Special Sts)
sc = single crochet
sk = skip
st(s) = stitch(es)
yo = yarn over
One size fits most. Length: 29″.
14 sts in patt = 4″. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
BPdc: Back-post double crochet – Yo, insert hook from back around post of next st from previous row. Yo and draw up a loop around post. *Yo and draw through two loops.* Repeat from * once.
FPdc: Front-post double crochet – Yo, insert hook from front around post of next st from previous row. Yo and draw up a loop around post. *Yo and draw through two loops. Repeat from * once.
1. Ch 108.
2. Set up row: Turn. Sk 2 ch, dc in next st and in ea st across.
3. Row 1: Turn. Ch 2 Dc in first st. FPdc. *2 BPdc, 2 FPdc.* Repeat from * across to last 4 sts. 2 BPdc, FPdc, dc.
4. Row 2: Turn Ch 2. Dc in first st. BPdc. *2 FPdc, 2 BPdc.* Repeat from * across to last 4 sts 2 FPdc, BPdc, Dc.
5. Rows 3 – 7: Repeat Rows 1 and 2 twice. Repeat Row 1 once more.
1. Twist cowl once to create Möbius strip. Hold short edges together, lining up dc on each side. Join by working 2 sc in ea set of dc across edge. Fasten off.
2. Turn cowl inside out so sc join is on inside. With yarn needle, weave in yarn tails on inside of cowl.
Share your version of this project at Kollabora.com
by Marie Segares for Kollabora (www.kollabora.com)