Craft Ideas Craft of the Day
Hang this beautiful paper stocking from your mantle or tree, or use it as a gift card holder.
- Kaisercraft Beyond The Page MDF Stocking Garland
- Heartfelt Creations Daphne Paper Collection
- White cardstock
- Embellishments: black circle/gold letter stickers, pearls, laces, pink ribbon, white feathers
- Die-cutting machine
- Dies: Heartfelt Creations Ornamental Add On; Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Oval LG and Floral Ovals, Shapeabilities Layered Poinsettia
- Heartfelt Creations Pre-cut Stamp Sets: Holiday Script Background, Christmas Sentiment Circles, Peaceful Night, Holly Berry, Petite Poinsettia
- McGill Paper Blossoms Tool Kit and Molding Mat
- Circle punch, 1″
- Ink pads: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Victorian Velvet, Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Delicata Golden Glitz, embossing ink
- Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue: Diamond, Gold
- Ranger Gold Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder
- Liquitex Acrylic Gesso Surface Prep
- Adhesives: Plaid All Night Media Pop Dots, Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Permanent Adhesive, Ranger Glossy Accents
paintbrush, sandpaper, heat tool
Pink Poinsettia Stocking
1. Paint stocking with gesso.
2. Using stocking as pattern, cut main stocking and fold-down top panel from paper; adhere to stocking. Lightly sand edges; ink edges with Victorian Velvet.
3. Using Golden Glitz ink, stamp images on stocking.
4. Using Victorian Velvet ink, stamp flowers and sentiment circles on cardstock. Using Layered Poinsettia, die cut flowers; ink edges with Victorian Velvet and gently shape petals while assembling flowers. Apply Gold Stickles to petal edges and Diamond Stickles to petals. Adhere large pearls in flower centers.
5. Punch out sentiment circles with circle punch. Adhere L, Y, R, I, and C letter stickers to circle centers. Apply Gold Stickles to sticker edges.
6. Using embossing ink, stamp leaves on green paper. Using Ornamental Add On, die cut leaves. Heat emboss with Gold powder.
7. Die cut Classic Oval and coordinating Floral Oval from papers. Adhere together, matting plain oval with floral oval. Using Golden Glitz ink, stamp sentiment in center of panel. Adhere small flower to panel with Pop Dot.
8. Adhere lace and feathers to stocking with Fabric Fusion.
9. Adhere sentiment panel to stocking with Pop Dots.
10. Adhere leaves, flowers and letter stickers to stocking, using Pop Dots for dimension as desired.
11. Tie ribbon in bow; adhere to stocking with Fabric Fusion. Adhere pearl to bow center.
12. Adhere additional accent pearls to stocking.
by Sarah Miller for Heartfelt Creations (www.heartfeltcreations.us)