Craft Ideas Craft of the Day
Beautiful shades of teal and burgundy put a new spin on the traditional tones of the season. Lush, layered accents from Ruby Rock-it’s Joyeux Noel Collection give this card vintage-look elegance in an instant.
- Burgundy cardstock
- Ruby Rock-it Joyeux Noel Collection: Paper Pack, Layered Accents, Diecut Silhouettes, Bling, Trim
- Trims: white scalloped lace, gold cord
- Teal/gold silk poinsettia
- Sewing machine and dark teal thread
- Border punches, two of choice
- Modeling paste
- Plastic dot-pattern mask
- Chalk inks: dark teal, burgundy
- Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Glue
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber, palette knife
Make 6”x5-1/4” burgundy top-fold card.
Cut 5-1/2”x4-3/4” teal damask paper panel and sponge edges with teal chalk ink. Using sewing machine, stitch around panel edges. Adhere panel to card.
Cut 5-1/2”x2” burgundy print paper strip, punch both long edges with first border punch, and sponge edges with burgundy ink. Adhere across bottom of teal panel.
Cut 5-1/2”x1-1/2” gold print paper strip, punch both long edges with second border punch, and sponge edges with burgundy ink. Wrap gold ribbon around center, adhering ends at back. Adhere strip to card.
Place mask over random areas of card and apply modeling paste using palette knife. Remove mask and let paste dry completely.
Cut lace to fit across top of card; adhere in gentle swag.
Using photo as guide, sponge edges of layered accents and silhouette with burgundy ink. Adhere elements to card as shown.
- Use modeling paste with plastic masks and stencils to create interesting texture on cards and other projects; let dry completely after application.
by Lisa Novogrodski (www.lisas-livingincolor.blogspot.com)