Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Winter is on its way! With a belly full of rice, this adorable snowman is perfect for kids to create as a holiday decoration or thoughtful gift.
- Recycled white tube sock
- Recycled print socks
- Fleece, in print of choice: 1”x9”
- Kitty litter or dried rice
- Acrylic paints: black, orange
- Pink powdered blush
- Thick craft glue or fabric glue
scissors, ruler, sponge scrap, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface), rubber bands
Directions are for one snowman.
1. Fill tube sock 1/3 full with kitty litter or dried rice. Use rubber band to tie closed. Add more kitty litter or dried rice. Use rubber band to tie closed. (Add more if making three-circle snowman.)
2. For hat, cut foot from recycled print sock. Position top portion of sock (hat) on top of snowman body. Gather and adhere top edge of hat together. Adhere pom-poms to top of hat.
3. On covered work surface, paint nose orange and dot eyes and mouth black. Let dry.
4. For scarf, measure and cut 1”x9” fleece strip. Tie scarf around neck; snip ends to create fringe.
5. Use sponge scrap to lightly blush cheeks pink.
by Florence Tebbets