Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Decemburrr is here! With snowflakes swirling about, this adorable snowman is sure to be the hit of your holiday décor.
- Wichelt Imports 14-count Wedgewood Aida, 11”x12”
- DMC: 6-strand Embroidery Floss, 6-strand Light Effects Floss
- Kreinik Mfg. Blending Filament
- Wichelt Imports Mill Hill Treasures Metallic Snowflake Embellishment, Crystal Seed Beads
- Embroidery needle
- Backstitch: 1 strand
- Cross-stitch: 2 strands
- Half Cross-stitch: 2 strands
- Straight Stitch: 1 strand
Approximate finished size: 4-1/8”x5-1/2”; stitch count: 58 w x 78 h
2. Stitch design centered on fabric.
3. Embellish several stitches on snowman’s face and body with one strand Kreinik Blending Filament #032 (Pearl) with cross-stitches sewn over existing cross-stitches.
4. Sew one Mill Hill Metallic Snowflake #15001 with two strands DMC B5200 (Snow White) and one Mill Hill Glass Seed Bead #00161 (Crystal) for each snowflake. (Note: Snowflakes come four to package.)
by Janis Lockhart for Cross-Point Designs