Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Give paper scraps star quality when you bring them together in this charming ornament.
- Bazzill Basics Paper Papaya Puree Medium Cardstock
- Karen Foster Design Christmas Collection Papers: Ornaments, Christmas Bells, Home for the Holidays Collage, Poinsettias
- Metallic gold floss
- Computer and printer
- Scoring tool
- Small star punch
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Pine Needles Ink Pad
- Ranger Stickles Gold Glitter Glue
- Therm O Web Adhesives: Zots Singles Small, 3D Foam Squares, SuperStik Glue Stick
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, white printer paper
2. Using straight edge, scoring tool, and pattern as guide, score orange cardstock front piece along dashed lines. Gently fold “mountain” peaks on star points to center; folds will come toward you. Gently fold “valley” peaks from center to opposite edge; folds will point away from you.
3. Do not score printer paper star. Align it with orange cardstock star, rotating shape for best fit. Once stars are aligned, number corresponding sections on both stars from one to 10.
4. Cut numbered sections from printer paper star; use sections as templates to cut pieces from assorted patterned papers. Ink edges of each piece with Pine Needles ink; adhere to corresponding section on orange star using glue stick.
5. Stack and apply four foam squares to center of back star; apply foam square in middle of each point. Apply small adhesive dot at tip of each point.
6. Cut gold floss length for hanging loop; knot ends and press to adhesive at top point. Adhere front and back orange stars together.
7. Punch small star from orange cardstock and adhere to ornament center; coat star with glitter glue and let dry.
Using a glue stick to adhere individual pieces of paper gives you a bit more drying time to get them in position, compared with using other types of adhesive.
by Alice Golden (www.alicegolden.typepad.com)