Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
This dimensional tag is a special addition to presents and works great on scrapbook pages after the holiday.
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay: Pomegranate, Orange, Accents Frost White Glitter
- Papers: green/white dot, red/white dot
- Red/white polka-dot ribbon
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine
- Ceramic tile
- Stamps: Stampendous! Small Typewriter Alphabet, Inkadinkado Ornate Christmas Cling Set
- Large acrylic block
- Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black Ink Pad
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, 3M Scotch Brand Quick-Dry Adhesive
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, hole punch, craft knife, toothpick
(Note: Start with clean hands and work surface. Good work surfaces include waxed paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean hands between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275° F for 30 minutes per 1/4” of thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. Do not use microwave oven. Do not exceed above temperature or recommended baking time. Wash hands after use.)
1. Begin by preheating oven to 275 °F. Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay.
2. For best results, condition all clay by running it through Clay Conditioning Machine several passes on widest setting. Fold clay in half after each pass and insert folded side into rollers first.
3. With Clay Conditioning Machine on #2 setting, roll half of Frost White Glitter clay into sheet. Place sheet on ceramic tile.
4. Stamp black snowman image onto clay sheet. Using craft knife, trim around snowman. Roll three tiny Pomegranate balls and place over berries on stamped hat band. Shape small Orange tapered coil and place over nose on stamped snowman. Using toothpick, add crosshatch marks to carrot nose. Bake as directed above. Allow to cool and set aside.
5. Cut two 2-1/4”x4” green dot paper pieces; adhere tags together back to back. Punch hole at one end. Trim two top corners to create tag shape.
6. Stamp “be merry” on red dot paper strip. Adhere strip to tag on an angle; trim ends. Adhere snowman to tag with Quick-Dry Adhesive; let dry.
7. Thread ribbon through hole; knot end together just above hole.
Look for stamps to create dimensional elements like reindeer, Christmas trees, and more.
by Iris Weiss for Polyform Products (www.sculpey.com)