Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Capture your Christmas memories with a photo of your family on Christmas day and display in this Festive Holiday Frame.
- Cardstock or construction paper: red, white
- Cardboard or chipboard, 8-1/2” square, 3”x8-1/2” strip
- Christmas day family photo
- Craft glue
1. Measure and cut 8-1/2” white paper square. Cut out 3” square in center of frame (for photo opening).
2. Print and cut out patterns.
3. Measure and cut four 2-1/4” red paper squares. Fold squares diagonally in half. Cut star design from squares, placing line on fold, and cutting on dashed lines. Open up design and adhere on corners of white square, leaving 1/4” border on edges.
4. Measure and cut four 2”x3-1/4” red paper rectangles. Adhere rectangles between corner square designs.
5. Measure and cut 3”x9” white paper strip. Fold strip in half lengthwise. Cut four large heart shapes from folded strip, placing line on fold, and cutting on dashed lines. Open up designs and adhere on centers of red paper rectangles. See photo.
6. Measure and cut 2-1/2”x7” red paper strip. Fold strip in half lengthwise. Cut four medium heart shapes from folded strip, following directions above. Adhere medium heart shapes on center of white heart shapes. See photo
7. Measure and cut 2”x4” white paper strip. Fold strip in half lengthwise. Cut four small heart shapes from folded strip, following directions above. Adhere small heart shapes on center of medium heart shapes. See photo.
8. Tape photo inside opening on back of white paper square. Adhere white paper square to 8½” cardboard square.
9. To make easel for frame, cut 3”x8-1/2” cardboard strip. Bend strip 2” from end. Adhere 2” end, aligning top edges, to center back of frame.
Be sure to date your frame. Continue this as a Christmas tradition each year as you’ll love these precious mementos in year to come.
by Mary Ayres