Happy New Year! One of my New Year’s resolutions is to get more use out of my stamps that I love but don’t use often enough. I decided to pull out some wintery images to create a vintage tag.
1. Smear blue dye ink on a craft mat or acetate surface.
2. Smear gold metallic Distress Stain near blue ink on same surface.
3. Spritz with water until inks are watery.
4. Drag manila tag through inks until desired coverage is achieved; let dry.
5. Drag seam binding ribbon through inks; let dry.
6. Ink up script stamp with brown dye ink and randomly stamp over surface of tag. Repeat until covered.
7. Cut center from one paper doily. Place doily with open center over a second doily, masking the edges. Ink up damask stamp using brown dye ink and stamp damask through center of open doily; remove doily mask. Lightly sponge stamped doily edges here and there with brown ink. Adhere doily to tag as shown; trim edges.
8. Stamp image of little girls sleighing using brown archival ink onto white cardstock.
9. Smear blue dye ink on craft mat and pick up with waterbrush. Color images using waterbrush and dye ink. Let dry.
10. Shade and color rest of image using watercolor pencils and waterbrush; let dry.
11. Cut out image using detail scissors; adhere image to tag.
12. Stamp sentiment using brown ink. Cut into pieces. Sponge edges using brown dye ink. Adhere sentiment to tag.
13. Attach ribbon and charms to tag.
- Hero Arts Stamp – Old French Writing
- Artistic Outpost Stamp – Sleigh Ride
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Stain – Tarnished Brass
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads – Walnut Stain, Peacock Feathers
- White paper doilies, two
- Manila tag
- White cardstock
- Detail scissors
- Glue Dots Int’l. Glue Dots
- White seam binding ribbon
- Ranger Tim Holtz Idea-ology Baubles Pearls
I hope you get a chance to pull out some of your favorites and sit down to some inky time! Happy Crafting,
Suzanne Czosek from Suzz’s Stamping Spot (www.suzzstampingspot.blogspot.com)