Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Silver and sparkles make this set classy and sophisticated. It’s easy to make and stresses basic crimping techniques.
- Glass beads: gray pearls, 8mm, 11; clear firepolish, 6mm, 20
- Beadalon 49 Professional Series Bead Stringing Wire, .018mm, 1 yard
- Beadalon Silver Crimp Beads: 1.3mm, 36; 1.5mm, two
- Beadalon Silver Findings: Lobster Clasp; Extension Chain, 2″ length; Head Pins, two; Ear Wires, two
- Crimping tool
- Wire nippers
- Round-nose pliers
Necklace, 18″ long; Earrings, 1″ long
1. Cut wire length in half. Holding lengths together, string 1.5mm crimp bead. Thread wire ends through clasp and back through crimp bead. Use crimping tool to tighten crimp bead to secure.
2. String 1.3mm crimp bead, 1″ from one wire end. Use crimping tool to tighten crimp bead. String beads as follows: clear, gray, clear, 1.3mm crimp. Tighten crimp bead.
3. String 1.3mm crimp bead, 2-3⁄4″ from other wire end. String beaded sections, 2-3⁄4″ apart on both strands.
4. Holding strands together, string remaining 1.5mm crimp bead, 1″ from last beaded section. Thread wire ends through extension chain and back through crimp bead. Tighten crimp bead.
1. String one gray and one clear bead onto head pin. Use round-nose pliers to bend loop after clear bead; trim wire. Attach loop to ear wire.
2. Repeat for remaining earring.
by Katie Hacker