Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Bright and cheery, the flaming red feathers of a cardinal are breathtaking on a fresh blanket of winter snow. Stitch this beautiful cardinal towel to brighten your guests’ day and show them they are truly special.
- White hand towel with 14-count Aida band
- DMC 6-Strand Embroidery Floss
- Embroidery Needle
- Backstitch: 1 strand
- Cross-stitch: 2 strands
- French Knots: 1 strand (wrapped two times)
size / stitch Count
Approximate finished size: 11-1/4”x2-1/2”; stitch count: 158 w x 35 h
2. Stitch design centered on band.
3. Backstitch bird’s eye using 1 strand DMC 310 Black. Backstitch all other using DMC 801 Coffee Brown, Dk.
4. Stitch French Knot using 1 strand DMC 747 Sky Blue, Vy. Lt., wrapped two times.
by Pamela Kellogg