Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Take a hint from the turtle and slow down to enjoy some creative time with your kids! This playful turtle is the last of the Clay Zoo Friends in Crafts ‘n things Craft-of-the-Day projects. Whether on a safari or a visit to the zoo, enjoy the trip to wherever your imagination may lead you.
- Polyform Sculpey Bake Shop Oven-Bake Clay: Green, Red, Yellow
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Oven thermometer
Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
2. For turtle, roll large Green ball (shell), two small Green balls (eyes), and five small Green teardrops (head and legs). Press legs on bottom of shell and head on front of shell. Roll small Red and tiny Yellow balls (spots); flatten and press on shell. See photo. Press Green eyes to top of teardrop head. Roll two tiny Yellow balls (eyes); press on eyes. Use toothpick to add eye and nostril holes and details to legs.
3. Position turtle on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake in oven. Let cool completely.
for Polyform Products (www.sculpey.com)