Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Brightly stamped balloons and wishes for a happy birthday make this card the perfect greeting for that someone special.
- Cardstock: pear green, pink
- Paper: light green, light pink, pale blue
- Dark pink ribbon, 1/8”
- Stamps: “Happy Birthday” stamp of choice, Paper Salon Simply Ribbons Tailored Tin
- Ink Pads: pear green, pink, sky blue
- Sewing machine & pink thread
- McGill Oval Paper Punch, 1-5/16”x1-13/16”
- AdTech Permanent Glue Runner
paper trimmer, ruler
Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” pear green side-fold card.
Cut 4”x5-1/4” piece from pink cardstock; adhere to card front. Machine stitch around edges.
Stamp sky blue dotted ribbon on pale blue paper; stamp pear green rickrack on light green paper; stamp pink striped ribbon on light pink paper. Punch oval from each color, making sure stamped ribbon runs vertically. Overlap and adhere balloons to card front as shown.
Machine zigzag stitch from bottom of each balloon so they cross as shown. Tie ribbon bow; adhere below balloons where stitching crosses.
Stamp pear green “happy birthday” to card top.
- Instead of stamping design, use coordinating patterned papers to create balloons.
by Melanie Douthit