Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Stitch a special message to beautify your home at Easter and all year long. The gorgeous colors and art deco-inspired design remind us of stained glass!
- DMC Charles Craft 14-count White Aida, 10”x12”
- DMC 6-Strand Embroidery Floss
- Kreinik Mfg.: Blending Filament, Braid #8
- Tapestry needle, #24
- Backstitch: one strand
- Cross-stitch: 2 strands
- French Knot: one strand (wrapped two times)
Size / Stitch Count
Approximate finished size: 5-1/2”x7”; stitch count: 76 w x 97 h
1. To find center, fold cloth in half and in half again the opposite way. Mark center with contrasting thread.
3. Stitch design centered on fabric. Where indicated, use one strand Kreinik 091 Star Yellow Braid #8. Use one strand embroidery floss and two strands Kreinik 032 Pearl Facets Blending Filament where indicated.
4. Stitch French knots and backstitch with one strand DMC 3842 Wedgewood-DK, and flowers with one strand DMC 310 Black.
- Instead of using matte board to frame, substitute coordinating colored ribbon (as shown in photo).
by Lois Winston