Since I am hoping spring will come early this year and we will start to see the birds building their nests in the trees soon, my project today showcases a trio of birdhouses.
First, it’s time to announce the three lucky winners of the Stampendous! Color Fragments giveaway! Thanks for all your enthusiastic comments on this post: http://blog.craftsnthings.com/?p=3762. I will be contacting the winners via email.
The winners are: Cheryl Hutcherson, Larissa Heskett, and Natasha Poteraj. Congratulations!
Now, on to the birdhouse triptych!
1. I started with a triptych template. Trace the template onto white cardstock; cut and score cardstock as indicated.
2. Stamp house image onto white cardstock using black ink. Cut out the house.
3. Using brown ink, stamp text/eggs background over the smaller bird house and the entire triptych. Repeat until covered.
4. Spritz blue Glimmer Mist across the triptych and small house; let dry.
5. Sponge edges of the house and triptych with brown dye ink.
6. Stamp birds onto white cardstock as shown using black ink. Cut birds out using detail scissors. Sponge birds with orange and brown dye inks; set aside.
7. Using black ink, stamp trees and branches with nests onto triptych panels. Color nests and background eggs with brown watercolor pencil and waterbrush.
8. Using black ink, stamp rulers onto white cardstock. Sponge with orange and brown dye ink. Trim and adhere rulers to fit base of each triptych panel.
9. Stamp sentiment along bottom of ruler using black ink. Repeat across all rulers.
10. Ink edges of triptych, including inner folded edges, with black ink.
11. Stamp “TWEET” and “ROBIN” sentiments onto white cardstock using black ink. Cut out and sponge with orange dye ink. Adhere sentiments to triptych as shown.
12. Adhere house, bird’s nest, and birds to triptych with foam dots.
- The Envelopes Please Triptych Kit
- Artistic Outpost Stamp Sets: Birds of a Feather, Songbirds, BlueBird, Whimsical Melange, Home
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads: Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge
- STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils
- Tattered Angels Patina Glimmer Mist
Here’s sending you a touch of spring!
Suzanne Czosek from Suzz’s Stamping Spot (www.suzzstampingspot.blogspot.com)