It is spring here in Southern California! The peach tree in the backyard is blooming, the temperatures have been in the mid- to high-70s for the past few days, and Easter is just a few weeks away!
I created a soft, pastel Easter card to share with you today.
1. Make a green 4-1/4″x5-1/2″ top-fold card.
2. Trim pink cardstock to 4-1/8″x5-3/8″ and attach to the card front.
3. Trim kraft cardstock to fit an A2 embossing folder (approximately 4-1/4″x5-1/2″) and emboss with dot texture. Lightly rub the surface of the embossed cardstock with white ink. Trim panel to 4″x5-1/4″ and attach to the card front.
4. Trim pink gingham paper to 2-1/2″x4″ and mat with white cardstock cut slightly larger. Attach to the card front as shown.
5. Trim green dotted paper into a banner shape and mat with white cardstock cut slightly larger. Attach to the card as shown.
6. Wrap green satin ribbon around the card and attach. Wrap cream wrinkled seam binding around the card, overlapping the green satin ribbon. Tie a double bow.
Designer note: To give my white seam binding a soft, wrinkled look, I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist and crumpled it into a ball. Once the seam binding was dry, It was a pale cream color and nicely wrinkled. To create the double bow, I used two lengths of seam binding. I simply tied one bow, and then tied a second bow which I glued on top of the first.
7. Stamp Easter eggs with pink ink onto white cardstock. Using a masking technique, stamp grass over the eggs with green ink. Trim the images out with a die cut template and attach to the card as shown.
8. Stamp a sentiment with pale brown ink onto white cardstock. Trim into a tag shape, ink edges pink, and mat with green cardstock. Glue to the bow as shown.
9. Glue a pink flower to the top of the bow.
10. Line the inside of the card front with kraft cardstock to cover the ribbon. Decorate the inside of the card with a large kraft cardstock panel and a strip of pink gingham paper.
- Cardstock: American Crafts Leaf; Bazzill Basics Petal Soft, Kraft; Stampin’ Up! Whisper White
- Designer paper: Graphic 45 Secret Garden, My Mind’s Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up
- Ink: Tsukineko Memento Toffee Crunch; Clearsnap Colorbox Graphic 45 Decades Antique Moss, Fluid Chalk Popcorn; Stampin’ Up! Pretty in Pink
- Stamps: Inspired by Stamping Mason Jars Add On III
- Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Flowers: Inspired by Stamping
- Embossing folder: The Paper Studio
- Die cuts: My Favorite Things Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Layers, Inspired by Stamping Fancy Labels 1
- Tools: Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System
- Adhesive: 3M Scotch Brand Tape, Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares
Thanks for looking!
Gloria Stengel, Scraps of Life (www.gloriascraps.blogspot.com)