Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Stitch this smiling bunny greeting to welcome your guests with a wish for a Happy Spring!
- 32-count Antique White Jobelan
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Decorative fabric of choice
- Foam board
- Craft batting
- Cream cording
- Needle and dental floss
- Beacon Adhesive Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- Backstitch: 1 strand
- Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Approximate finished size: 2-5/8” x 7-1/4”; Stitch count: 42 w x 114 h
2. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads. Trim stitched project to
3. Backstitch with 1 strand DMC 869 Hazelnut Brown, Vy. Dk all bunny and chick details, butterflies, balloon, and flower stamens. Backstitich flower stem using 1 strand DMC 3815 Celadon Green, DK. Stitch French Knots with 1 strand (wrapped two times) DMC 869 Hazelnut Brown, Vy. Dk for bunny eyes, chick eyes, and flower stamen tips.
4. Cut batting to measure 4-5/8”x9-1/4” and foam board to 4-5/8”x9-1/4”. Adhere batting to foam board. Center stitched project over batting; turn over.
5. Use needle and dental floss to zig-zag stitch opposite edges together at back of foam board to secure.
6. Cut 29” length from cording; adhere to edge of stitched project. Cut 4-5/8”x8-1/4” rectangle from decorative fabric; adhere to back of foam core.
- To create a door hanger, adhere ends of 8” cording length to top back corners of project.
by Gail Bussi