Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Wrap a jar with favorite papers, add some frilly embellishments, then fill with goodies for your sweet friend. This quick, cute, one-size-fits-all gift is sure to be appreciated – by your friend and your budget!
- Glass quart jar with lid
- Cardstock: Swiss dot, stripe, white, polka dot
- White lace, 3/8”, 1/2 yd.
- Pink polka dot ribbon, 5” length
- Assorted buttons
- Candy treat
- Inkadinkado Clear Stamp Sets: Hearts, Chelsea Sentiments
- EK Success Punches: Scallop Circle, 1-3/4”, 2-1/2”; Circle, 1-1/2″
- Black ink pad
- Permanent markers: bright pink, medium pink, white
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, foam dots
scissors, ruler, straight pin
Cut 13-1/2”x2-1/2” strip from Swiss dot paper and two 13-1/2”x3/4” strips from striped paper.
Stamp black “sweet friend” sentiment onto center of one 3/4” strip; adhere to bottom of Swiss dot strip. Adhere remaining 3/4” strip to top of Swiss dot panel
Punch four 1-1/2” circles from striped cardstock; dot outside edges with white marker. Cut circles in half; adhere across center of Swiss dot panel as shown. Adhere white lace to panel, just above top of circle halves.
Stamp black heart onto white cardstock; use photo as guide to color heart with markers. Detail cut heart image; set aside.
Punch 2-1/2” scalloped circle from white cardstock and 1-3/4” scalloped circle from polka dot cardstock. Using straight pin, pierce center of each scallop on both circles. Adhere heart to center of polka dot circle with foam dot, then polka dot circle to white circle. Adhere circle panel to jar over lace, above sentiment as shown.
Adhere buttons to jar as desired.
Tie ribbon and lace strips together into knot; adhere to lid. Trim ends.
by Lindsey Botkin