Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Wipe away your dishwashing blues with this pretty dishtowel accent in classic blue and white.
- Blue Chambray stripe tea towel
- White fabric doily with crocheted or lace edge, 8” square
- Blue satin ribbon, 1/4” wide, 5/8 yd. (optional)
- Blue embroidery floss, one skein
- Needle and white thread
scissors, safety pin
Print and cut out pattern. (Note: The blue word “pattern” is a link. To access this pattern, select the link, then download and print pattern.)
Transfer pattern to doily. Use one strand of floss to stem stitch design.
If applicable, use safety pin to weave ribbon through openings in edge, beginning and ending at back. Trim ribbon ends to 1⁄4” and whipstitch ends together.
Pin doily diagonally to center front of dish towel. Sew doily to towel with invisible stitch.
- Nearly any size or shape doily will work for this project. Just adjust the pattern size to fit the center.
by Mary Ayres