Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Wear your luck around your neck! Kids, create this fun clover necklace to show your Irish spirit this St. Patrick’s Day.
- Polyform Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay: Emerald Green
- Green satin cording, 24” length
- Large jump ring
- Clear crystal gem (optional)
- Heart cookie cutter, 1/2
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
scissors, ruler, toothpick, plastic knife
Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
1. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
2. Roll Emerald Clay into 1/4”-thickness. Use heart cookie cutter to cut out four hearts (clover) or use plastic knife to cut four heart shapes from clay. For stem, use plastic knife to cut tiny triangle.
3. Position four hearts and stem on parchment-lined baking sheet. Smooth edges. Flip clover over; smooth edges together. Use toothpick to poke hole on top of clover (for jump ring). Add details lines on clover. If desired, press crystal gem in center.
4. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake clover in oven. Let cool completely.
5. Use pliers to open jump ring. Insert jump ring through hole on clover; squeeze ring closed.
6. Measure and cut 24” length of green cording. Insert cording through hole on jump ring; knot ends together.
by Phoebe Doehring for Polyform Products