Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Have you ever seen such a cute little chick, sitting on a stick? Make one to place in a potted plant, or to add to a little one’s Easter basket.
- Wooden spoon, 12” tall
- Plaid Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints: White, Black, Wild Iris, Lilac Dust, Strawberry, Pumpkin Orange, Canary Yellow
- Mauve satin ribbon, 1/4”-wide, 6” length
- Yellow feather
- Paintbrushes: liner, flat
- Black fine-tip permanent marker
- Craft glue
scissors, cotton-tip swab, toothpick
(Note: Let paint dry before painting next portion of project.)
1. Cut out pattern. (Note: The blue word “pattern” is a link. To access this pattern, select the link, then download and print pattern.) Transfer jagged lines to spoon, continuing lines around back.
2. Basecoat top of spoon (chick) Canary Yellow, spoon handle (legs) Pumpkin Orange, and area between jagged lines (eggshell) Lilac Dust.
3. For cheeks, use cotton-tip swab to drybrush cheeks Strawberry. Dot eyes white. Use toothpick to add Black pupils. Paint beak Pumpkin Orange; highlight White.
4. Use liner brush to shade edges of eggshell Wild Iris. Mix equal parts Lilac Dust and White; highlight eggshell.
5. Use black fine-tip permanent marker to: outline eyes, beak, and eggshell; add eyebrows; draw details on beak and legs and cracks on eggshell.
6. Tie ribbon into a 1”-wide bow. Trim ends; adhere to top of head. Cut 2” from top of feather. Adhere cut end of feather to back of head, with 1” extending above head.
by Tammy L. LeBlanc