For most of us, when we start to see the flowers bloom we know spring has arrived. Here in Southern California, the ice plant is blooming in huge purple swaths everywhere you look. I always know that spring is here when I see the ice plant start to bloom in March. To celebrate the coming of spring, I have a very “flowery” card to share.
1. Make a 4-1/4″x5-1/2″ orange top-fold card.
2. Trim yellow cardstock to 4-1/8″x5-3/8″ and adhere to the card front.
3. Trim floral paper to 4″x5-1/4″ and adhere to the card front.
4. Using a die-cutting template or border punch, cut scalloped borders from orange cardstock and pink dot papers. Trim borders to 4-1/4″ long and ahere to card as shown.
5. Tie pink dot ribbon around the card front as shown, knotting on the left side of the card.
6. Stamp scripture sentiment onto white cardstock with brown dye ink. Trim out with a die template. Use dimensional adhesive to adhere sentiment to a larger die-cut shape cut from orange cardstock. Adhere to the upper left corner of the card with dimensional adhesive.
7. Die cut a large scalloped heart from yellow cardstock. Die cut a plain heart from pink dot paper. Adhere hearts together, decorate with white adhesive pearls, and adhere to the lower right corner of the card as shown.
8. Die cut a small scalloped heart from orange cardstock. Die cut a plain heart from yellow floral paper. Adhere hearts together, decorate with white adhesive pearls and heart, and adhere to the lower right corner of the card as shown using dimensional adhesive.
9. Line the inside of the card with white cardstock.
- Cardstock: American Crafts Peach, Yellow; Stampin’ Up! Whisper White
- Designer paper: My Mind’s Eye Miss Caroline Howdy Doody Collection 6″x6″ Paper Pad
- Ink: Colorbox Archival Mudslide
- Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 7
- Die-cutting system: Spellbinders Grand Calibur
- Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Hearts, Classic Scalloped Hearts, Labels One, Labels One Small; My Favorite Things Wonky Scallops Border
- Pearls: Want2Scrap, Prima
- Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, 3M Scotch Brand ATG Runner
Thanks for looking!
Gloria Stengel, Scraps of Life (www.gloriascraps.blogspot.com)