Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
If you ever have problems marking your page in your cookbook, these adorable bookmarks are the solution. They also make wonderful gifts for a housewarming or bridal shower.
- White 16-count Aida-cloth bookmarks, 2”x6-7/8”, two
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Tapestry needle, #26
- Backstitch: 1 strand
- Cross-stitch: 2 strands
scissors, iron, pressing cloth or bath towel
Size / Stitch Count
Approximate finished size of design: 1-7/16”x5-1/4”; Stitch count: 23 w x 85 h
(Note: Both bookmarks are made in the same way.)
2. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric using two strands of floss. To find center, fold bookmark in half, then in half again the opposite way. Mark center with contrasting thread.
3. Backstitch with one strand of floss. Backstitch letters with DMC 310 Black and stems with DMC 500 Very Dark Blue Green.
4. Press finished design from wrong side through a pressing cloth or towel. (Note: Pressing without a towel will flatten stitches and dull colors.)
by Pamela Kellogg