Sue Czosek here today with an artsy, easy background technique for stamped designs. I have this lovely box of Karat Oil Pastels from STAEDTLER in all the beautiful colors of the rainbow. I decided to pull a few of the summery colors and create a sunny card.
1. Color different areas on white cardstock using the oil pastels.
2. Using a sponge in a circular motion, blend the colors together.
3. Die cut multiple butterflies from white cardstock to create masks. Adhere masks to the pastel background using removable tape.
4. Using Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber, smear white acrylic paint over butterflies; carefully remove masks.
5. Stamp sentiment onto pastel background using Crimson ink.
6. Stamp agapanthus flowers along the bottom using Crimson ink. This stamp image contains both solid and outline images. Color in outline flowers using yellow oil pastel.
7. Highlight letters and flowers with a white gel pen. Let ink dry.
- Memory Box Die – Vivienne Butterfly
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz – Way With Words; Stampendous Agapanthus
- Ranger Adirondack Paint Dabber – Snow Cap
- Ranger Archival Ink – Crimson
- Signo White Uni-ball Gel Pan
- STAEDTLER – Karat Oil Pastels
Suzanne Czosek from Suzz’s Stamping Spot (www.suzzstampingspot.blogspot.com)