Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Use a cute die set to craft mini baskets and boxes for all occasions. Lattice insert and optional handle provide many options.
- Cardstock scraps: yellow, teal, purple, light purple, olive green
- Purple polka-dot or glitter paper
- Flower brads
- Easter grass
- Candy filler of choice
- Die-cutting system
- Lifestyle Crafts Basket Die DC0458
- Paper Source Stamps: Bunny Standing, Easter Egg Decorated Scallop
- Clear embossing ink pad
- White detail embossing powder
- Gel ink pens, assorted colors
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue, low-tack tape, foam tape
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, fine-tip tweezers, paper piercer, heat tool
Size is 2-1/2”x2-1/2”x2” (without handle)
1. Place basket and handle dies on base cutting plate. Insert lattice dies into basket die template, if desired, and secure with low-tack tape to prevent shifting. For variety, die cut lattice on two sides or all four sides of basket.
2. Die cut basket and handle. Remove shapes from machine and use tweezers to remove any stray cut-outs.
3. Fold basket as indicated and adhere sides together; let dry.
4. Adhere handle ends inside top of basket on opposite sides, or attach handle using flower brads. Use paper piercer to poke holes for brads to prevent tearing.
5. Stamp bunny image onto yellow cardstock; heat emboss with white powder. Stamp and emboss egg images onto assorted cardstock scraps. Color images with gel pens as desired; let dry.
6. Detail cut images. Adhere images to baskets with foam tape, or place inside with grass and candy filler.
- Spread a rainbow of color across your Easter table. Make each favor basket a different color, or replace candy with colored eggs.
by Roberta Wax (www.creativeunblock.wordpress.com)