Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Are you a cross-stitcher who also loves to garden? We have the perfect project for you! Make this sampler and get ready for the planting season to come.
- White 14-count Aida cloth
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Panoramic frame
- Embroidery needle
- Backstitch: 1 strand
- Cross-stitch: 2 strands
- French Knot: 2 strands (wrapped two times)
- Quarter Stitch: 2 strands
scissors, ruler, iron and pressing surface, pressing cloth
Size / stitch Count
Approximate finished design size: 2-9/16”x10-3/4”; stitch count: 150 w x 35 h
2. To find center, fold fabric in half and in half again; mark with contrasting thread.
3. Use two strands of floss to cross-stitch and one strand to backstitch designs as shown on chart. Stitch quarter stitches where blue and gray meet near end of watering can spout. Use two strands for French knot (bird’s eye).
4. Press design from wrong side through pressing cloth as needed. Frame as desired.
- Stitch design on towel.
- Use waste canvas to stitch design on tote bag or café curtain.
- Use a single motif on a fingertip towel.
by Alice Okon