Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Make this whimsical card with Ranger Archival Inks and Claudine Hellmuth Studio Stamps. The permanent nature of Archival Inks allows you to layer stampings and get clear and crisp images.
- Ranger Inkssentials Gloss Paper, 8-1/2”x11”
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection Broken China Cardstock
- Clear vellum
- Ranger Archival Ink Pads: Sap Green, Coffee, Jet Black, Chrome Yellow, Venetian Orange, French Ultramarine
- Stamps: Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Creative Layers Nature Stamp Sets, Clear and Foam; Stampers Anonymous Claudine Hellmuth Studio Clear Stamps Words & Frames 2 and Spring Garden Stamp Sets
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Paper Creaser, Heat it Craft Tool
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Acrylic Grid Blocks
- Self-healing craft mat
- Ranger Inkssentials Adhesives: Popit Shapes, Collage Glue Stick
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil
Cut Broken China cardstock to 8-1/2”x5-1/2”. Place cardstock on self-healing mat, score down center using paper creaser and ruler, and fold to create 4-1/4”x5-1/2” card base. Set aside.
Stamp Sap Green foam treetop onto vellum; heat set with Heat it Craft Tool until ink is dry. Stamp Jet Black clear treetop over foam-stamped image; heat set until dry. Cut out treetop with scissors and set aside.
Stamp French Ultramarine foam treetop onto matte side of gloss paper scrap. Stamp Jet Black bird from Spring Garden stamp set in treetop. Detail cut bird and set aside.
Stamp Jet Black tree trunk outline on matte side of another piece of gloss paper. Detail cut bottom 2” of trunk to use as mask. Set aside.
Cut 3-1/4”x5” gloss paper panel. On matte side of panel, stamp Coffee foam tree trunk on left side. Stamp Jet Black outline tree over foam-stamped image. Stamp Sap Green foam treetop over tree trunk image.
Stamp Chrome Yellow foam sun in upper right corner of panel; stamp Venetian Orange outline sun over foam-stamped image.
Place mask from Step 4 over base of tree trunk on gloss paper panel. Ink foam treetop stamp Sap Green. Holding mask in place, randomly stamp portions of treetop multiple times along bottom to create grass. Re-ink stamp between stampings. Remove mask.
Stamp Jet Black “so delightful” sentiment from Words & Frames 2 set on bottom right of panel.
Using glue stick, adhere vellum treetop from Step 2 over stamped treetop on gloss paper panel. Adhere panel to card base with glue stick. Use Pop It Shape to adhere bird from Step 3 in tree as shown.
- Pre-stamp and cut all of the various pieces first and your card will come together quickly.
By Patti Behan for Ranger Industries (http://www.rangerink.com/)