Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create a warm and relaxing atmosphere in your home with the rich tones of this Tuscan candleholder. Or, gift this easy-to-make slice of Mediterranean décor to Mom as the perfect Mother’s Day present.
- Clay pot and saucer
- DecoArt Texture Stucco
- DecoArt Acrylic Paints: Americana Lamp Black, Dazzling Metallics Champagne Gold
- DecoArt Texture Stencils by Tracy Moreau Brocade & Berry Borders
- DecoArt Palette Knife
- Royal & Langnickel Paintbrushes: Royal Aqualon Glaze/Wash, Series 2700, 3/4”; Sable Standard Handle Fan Blender, Series 5030, #2
- Beacon Adhesives Quick Grip All-Purpose Permanent Adhesive
newspaper (to cover work surface)
Let dry between steps.
1. Place clay pot upside down on covered work surface. Position Berry Border stencil on clay pot.
2. Use palette knife to apply Texture Stucco on open areas of stencil. To remove stencil, hold one end of stencil down with fingers and carefully lift opposite end.
3. Repeat stenciling around pot. Wash stencil immediately.
4. Use glaze/wash brush to paint pot and saucer Lamp Black.
5. Use fan blender brush to drybrush pot and saucer Champagne Gold.
6. Adhere saucer to pot as shown. Place candles on saucer.
by Eve Leder