Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Kids, surprise Mom this Mother’s Day with a special garden of flowers to let her know how much you care!
- 2-1⁄2” clay pot
- 2” plastic-foam ball
- Crazy straw in choice of color
- 3-1⁄4” pre-cut craft foam flower and flower center in choice of color
- Green felt, scrap
- 1⁄2 cup of deer moss
- Thick craft glue
- Acrylic Paint in color of choice (optional)
scissors, pencil, ruler
(Note: Materials listed are for one flower.)
1. Press plastic-foam ball into bottom of pot, securing firmly in place. Adhere deer moss to top of foam ball. Let dry.
2. Adhere flower center to flower. Adhere 1” of top end of straw to back of assembled flower.
3. Freehand cut leaves from green felt and adhere to each side of straw as desired.
4. Insert bottom of straw into center of moss and foam ball.
- For extra pizazz, paint flower pots in bright colors!
by Julie Streapy