Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create this elegant, embossed greeting to express graduation or wedding wishes.
- White cardstock
- Brown button
- Cream embroidery floss
- Sizzix BIGkick or Big Shot Die-Cutting System or Texture Boutique Embossing System
- Sizzix Textured Impressions Doily & Lace Embossing Folder Set
- Stampin’ Up! Heard from the Heart Stamp Set
- Rubber brayer
- Ink pads: dark brown, aqua, metallic gold
- Paper adhesive
paper trimmer, scissors, craft knife, ruler, pencil, stamp cleaner
Make 5-1/2”x4-1/4” white top-fold card; set aside.
Cut 3”x4-1/4” white cardstock panel.
Using metallic gold ink, ink recessed side of Lace embossing folder. Carefully place cardstock panel cut in Step 2 onto inked surface. Close folder and follow manufacturer’s instructions to run folder through machine; remove cardstock and let dry. Immediately clean embossing folder with stamp cleaner.
Ink brayer with aqua ink; gently roll brayer over raised surface on cardstock panel and let dry. Clean brayer.
Adhere embossed panel to card ½” from left edge.
Stamp dark brown sentiment onto white cardstock. Trim sentiment to 5” long and adhere to card, aligning right edges.
Cut tiny slit in card fold 1” from left edge using craft knife. Insert embroidery floss through hole and wrap around card twice, running floss through button; cut and adhere end inside card.
- For another look, emboss pearlescent white cardstock panel and adhere to card base for tone-on-tone texture.
by Debi Adams for Sizzix (www.sizzix.com)