Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create a special graduation keepsake for a loved one. An inexpensive frame and simple ribbon can be stamped to express your sentiments!
- Flat wooden frame, 6-1⁄2″x8-1⁄2″
- Cardstock: graduation-themed; leather texture, black
- Black ribbon, 1⁄2″ wide, two each: 6-1⁄2″, 8-1⁄2″
- Photo of choice
- Stamps: diploma, graduation cap, lowercase alphabet
- Wood primer
- Black acrylic paint
- Metallic gold ink pad
- Adhesives: Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue, adhesive mounting squares
scissors, paintbrush, sandpaper, soft cloth
Apply primer to frame; let dry. Sand and wipe dust with soft cloth. Basecoat frame black.
Place frame front on back side of graduation-themed paper. Trace and cut around frame; adhere to frame.
Use alphabet stamp and ink pad to stamp “congrats” on both 6-1⁄2” and 8-1⁄2” ribbon lengths. Adhere ribbon around frame opening.
Cut two 2″ squares of leather paper; adhere back sides together. Use ink pad and diploma and graduation cap to stamp both images. Cut out images; apply mounting squares to back. Adhere cap and diploma to frame as shown. Insert photo.
- To personalize your frame, stamp the bottom ribbon with the year or the graduate’s name.
by Debbie Rines for Duncan Enterprises