Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Add a bit of style and flair to your home décor by stitching this beautiful easy-to-make monogram pillow.
- Fabrics: Floral print, 1⁄2 yd.; Coordinating solid, 3⁄8 yd.
- Flower trim: 1⁄2″, 1-1⁄2 yds.; 1⁄4″, 2 yds.
- Self-adhesive stitched monogram, 4″
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Needle and matching thread
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Tea bags and paintbrush (optional)
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, ruler, straight pins, iron and pressing surface
(Note: Sew seams with right sides of fabrics facing, using 1⁄4″ seam allowance.)
From floral print fabric, cut two 3-1⁄2″x10″ strips and two 3-1⁄2″x16″ strips. From coordinating solid, cut one 10” square and one 16” square.
Sew short floral strips to top and bottom and long floral strips to sides of 10″ square. Press seams open.
With right sides facing, sew pieced pillow front to 16″ square, leaving 3″ opening for turning. Trim corners at angle; turn right side out. Stuff pillow; hand-sew opening closed.
Hand-stitch 1⁄4″ trim to outside pillow edge. Adhere flower trim around solid square edge on pillow front. (Note: Use straight pins to hold in place while adhering.)
To antique monogram, if desired, make a strong cup of tea. Paint tea onto monogram; let dry. Remove backing and apply monogram to pillow.
by Rebekah Meier