Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Combine die-cut geometric style with soft, vintage-look papers to create this summer “thank you.” Die-cut, rolled roses create a beautiful focal element.
- Bazzill Basics Paper Cardstock: Marshmallow, Gum Drop
- My Mind’s Eye The Sweetest Thing Honey Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Kaisercraft Sweet Pea Rhinestones
- May Arts Yellow Pom-Pom Trim
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: Nestabilities Hexagons S4-368, Shapeabilities Donna Salazar Collection Bitty Blossoms S5-086
- Scor-Pal Scor-Pal Scoring Board
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Corner Rounder Punch
- Technique Tuesday Thanks Clear Stamp Set
- Acrylic block
- Ink pads: Clearsnap ColorBox Chalk Charcoal, Chestnut Roan; Tsukineko VersaMark
- A Muse Studio Diamond Embossing Powder
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool
Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” white top-fold card. Round bottom corners with punch.
Cut 4”x5-1/4” patterned paper panel; round corners. Sponge edges with Chestnut Roan ink; adhere to card.
Cut 4”x2-1/2” strip from second paper, round bottom corners, and sponge edges Chestnut Roan. Stamp Charcoal sentiment as shown and adhere to bottom of large panel. Adhere rhinestone.
Cut and adhere 4” pom-pom trim length over paper seam between patterned pieces.
Die cut/emboss assortment of Hexagons #1 and #2 from patterned papers. Arrange and adhere to card as shown.
Die cut/emboss Bitty Blossoms Med and SM from patterned papers. Roll, shape, and secure flowers with adhesive.
Die cut/emboss/stencil Bitty Blossoms Double Leaves from green cardstock. Using watermark ink pad, apply ink to raised areas through die; remove die. Heat emboss inked areas with Diamond powder.
Fold leaf shape in half and adhere beneath edge of medium flower. Adhere flowers to card.
- Try this card in bold black-and-white or neon brights for different looks. Change the sentiment to suit multiple occasions.
by Michelle Woerner for Spellbinders (www.spellbinderscreativearts.com)