Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
A kitty in a teacup? What a charming idea! Cross-stitch this simple and quick design onto a napkin to add a little something special to your next tea with friends.
- Ivory 14-count Aida cloth napkin
- DMC Six-Strand Embroidery floss
- Tapestry needle, #24
- Backstitch: 1 strand
- Cross-stitch: 2 strands
- French Knot: 1 strand (wrapped two times)
Size / Stitch Count
- Approximate finished size is 2”x2”; Stitch Count 29 w x 28 h
2. Count up 10 stitches diagonally from one corner of napkin. Use two strands of floss to stitch design on chart.
3. Backstitch stems on cup with one strand 3345. Work all other backstitch and French knots with one strand 310.
by Lois Winston