Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create a one-of-a-kind card for your favorite little freckle face using an adorable stamp set and a variety of fun die-cut shapes.
- Cardstock: My Favorite Things Hot Fudge, Whip Cream; X-Press It Blending Card; scraps of gold and yellow
- October Afternoon 8”x8” Paper Pads: Sasparilla Collection, Farmhouse Collection
- American Crafts Brown Brads
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Circle STAX 1 and 2, Woodgrain Fence, Notched Tag
- My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Collection Freckles Stamp Set
- Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: E00, E11, BV000, R20, YG93, YG95, Y21, E31, E35, W1, W3
- Stampin’ Up! Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker
- Adhesives: paper adhesive; X-Press It Foam Tape, 1/2”
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, paper piercer and mat
Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” brown top-fold card.
Cut three 1-1/4”x3” strips of blue diamond paper and adhere evenly spaced across top half of card front.
Cut and adhere 4”x1-1/2” striped paper strip to bottom of card front.
Die cut 2-7/8” STAX Circle from brown cardstock and 2-3/4” STAX Circle from yellow patterned paper; layer and adhere over blue diamond strips.
Die cut two Woodgrain Fence pieces, one from brown cardstock and one from woodgrain paper. Adhere woodgrain fence to cardstock fence, slightly offset. Trim to 4” long and set aside.
Die cut three yellow flowers and two gold flowers using Notched Tag die set. Position flowers on fence and pierce holes through all layers for brads; insert brads. Using a ruler and Chocolate Chip marker, draw stems and leaves for flowers. Set aside.
Stamp sentiment onto cream cardstock; trim and mat on brown cardstock. Adhere strip to card as shown. Adhere fence to card.
Stamp girl image onto Blending Card. Using photo as guide, color skin, hair, hair clip, and shoes with markers. Stamp pants onto denim paper; detail cut pants and adhere to main image. Stamp shirt onto floral paper; cut out and adhere to image. Detail cut entire image and adhere to card over fence and circle, placing foam tape beneath head to level layers.
- Look online for COPIC coloring tutorials for different skin and hair color combinations.
by Michele Boyer (www.papercuts.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com)